Cream Eyeshadow Review: 3CE, Skinfood, Too Faced

 

This is my venture into cream eyeshadows. I have super oily eyelids that are prone to creasing and I don't like potted cream eyeshadows that dry out, so I was happy to find 3 different liquid/cream eyeshadow formulas to test.

3CE Eyeshadow Primer: Potion Maker, Pink Ground



This is called an eyeshadow primer, but its so pigmented I don't need to layer on any additional eyeshadow. Its very creamy and blendable, but I have to be careful not to apply too much because it can crease with my eyelids. The color range is great, there are very wearable neutral browns and pinky peaches. I thought Potion Maker would be a bit more pink, but they lean very peach/warm on me. These are $15 each which is a bit pricey but not too bad. It is difficult to get your hands on it, I could only find it on Stylenanda's website which is honestly horrible to navigate. 

Rating: 4/5 
Pros: long-wearing, pigmented, easy to blend, pretty neutral colors
Cons: dries down fast so need to blend quickly, can crease if I apply too much (again, super oily eyelids), difficult to purchase, $$

Skinfood Dolcepresso Crema Eyeshadow: Blush Mauve





I was most excited about this one because of the color, it is a beautiful mauve with a bit of brown. However, the formula is awful. It is too thin and blends away, it also has a glitter in it that can get everywhere. Just not my thing. The packaging is gorgeous though, super bummed about this one. It runs for ~$14.

Rating: 1/5
Pros: pretty color and packaging
Cons: Formula is too thin and not pigmented, creases 
Purchase: here (but don't do it)

Too Faced Melted Chocolate Eyeshadow: Tirami-sue Me

This one is the best formula, extremely pigmented and sets down quickly. It wears all day without any creasing. The color range is very bold with dark browns and terra cotta shades. I wish there were more cool tones and lighter neutrals since eyeshadows tend to pull more warm on me. I do like to mix this shade with the 3CE Pink Ground shade, it brightens it up into a similar color to Potion Maker but more cool-toned and long-wearing. This one is the most expensive of the bunch at ~$21, but the pigmentation means it will last you several months. I would definitely recommend trying this out if you have very oily eyelids and want a quick one-and-done eyeshadow that lasts. 
 
Rating: 4/5
Pros: crease-proof, long-wearing, pigmented, accessible
Cons: have to work quickly, color range is fairly bold, $$
Purchase: Too Faced

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Butter Gloss and Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick Review